Monday, November 21, 2011

Copycat Snowmen


Welcome back!  I was so inspired a few days ago when I saw some awesome snowmen by Laurie Furnell Designs.  I immediately downloaded the free gift that Aimee Asher CLICK HERE  generously put out to all blog readers.  I joined her site and am very excited to see all of her wonderful creations.  
Counting all my nieces and nephews on one hand is impossible.  I would need more than four hands.   Christmas can be very challenging, and as I love them all, I like to give them a little something.  This was a life saver as I came across Aimee Ashers' site here.  I bought a case of popcorn and other supplies, and got to work.
plaid scarf

case of popcorn

photo paper (lots)

stretchy gloves
I printed Aimee Ashers snowman freebie onto photo paper.  Trim off the excess at the black lines.   Place the popcorn in the paper, fold it around, and tape the back. 


I cut my plaid scarves into many plaid scarves.  Cut each scarf about 1 1/2 inches wide.


Tie the scarf around the snowman....careful you don't want to choke the little guy.  I put one stretchy glove on my hand and then put the other one on top, so that they get a pair of gloves out of the deal.  This becomes the hat.
Grab some ribbon from your stash and tie the toque.  






I made 32 of them.  A few extra for friends!



Pop on over to her site, and become a friend, cuz that's just polite, and sign up for her freebie and maybe have a browse through her designs.  I am headed back there right now!
Have a Great Day
Oonga
Sisterkins

Linking Up With


A Crafty SoireemonogramSerenity you
The 36th Avenue

6 comments:

  1. So cute, a project I will have to try.
    Freda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been featured on Serenity Saturday!!!

    www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

    The post will be published on Saturday morning

    Natasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. card stock would work great too, and i don't think it's as expensive as photo paper! brown kraft paper would make them reindeers!

    debi@theclutteredcraftroom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously cute! What a great present for all those 'last minute' people

    Thank-you so much for joining up to our Pin'Inspiration Thursday Party. You have helped to make it a real success!

    Happy follower, would love if you popped by and grabbed a button :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. how cute is that & USABLE too! nice idea - thanks so much for sharing! Would love to have you swing by for a visit sometime!

    www.northerncottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete